Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Little Embossing


Hello Everyone,
I’m here with my card for the challenge over at House of Gilli. This time around the theme is Embossing. This could be embossing with your heat tool and embossing powders or it could be dry embossing maybe your cuttlebug and folders or even embossing a brass stencil. I have to confess I don’t do much embossing. It’s not because I don’t have the supplies or can’t do it, I just don’t do it. So this was a good challenge for me to break out some of my supplies and go for it.
gilli embossed lg
This is Gilli Painter. I love her outfit. She is just splashing design all over. I have embossed some leaves on the DP itself with a violet pearl embossing powder. The verse is also embossed .
gilli embossed right tilt gilli embossed left tilt
I broke out my little air brush set from Copic and air brush the ribbon with the same color family I used for Gilli.
gilli embossed up close
I hope that you will break out what ever means you have for embossing and show us what you create and enter at The House of Gilli. Thanks for stopping by today.

I am entering this into the following challenges.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a sweet image! Great job matching your coloring to your DP.
So glad you could play with us at Great Impressions Stamps Jo!

coops said...

gorgeous card jo.i love the sweet image and really stunning colours :D

xx coops xx

Angie said...

Beautifully cute card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Angela said...

Jo, what a fun card! I love the way you colored her dress!

So glad you could join us in our May Challenge - Anything Goes! - at Great Impressions Stamps!