Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wedding Couple Circle Step Card

 Happy Wednesday,

Hope everyone is well. Well this is June and that is normally the time we are invited or see a lot of weddings happening. My card today is one that I created a circle step card on the Silhouette Cameo after a friend asked if I could do this rather than having to cut this. So Kim and Joann this is for you. I will have the files at the end of this post for anyone who would like them. This was fun to try and make and was happy that it turned out. 


The image is a Mo's Digital Pencil Too image. The couple are colored with my copics. You can't see it all that well but the brides dress has Stardust stickles on it. The funny thing is the flowers on the back of the dress are a pale pink but darn if you can see that in the photo.


As with the card base the layers and flourishes were cut using my cameo. The image and mat were also cut with the cameo as well. 


The verse is one that I have had for years by Stampin Up. I did use a spellbinders die to cut that out with. I did break out my embossing folders and used one of my spellbinder folders that is reversible to emboss the white layers

The black "pearls" are really a glitter pearl. I don't often us flowers but this beauty was one I purchased from the Dollar Tree a couple years back. So I did use some of my "stuff" from my stash and stopped hoarding it. LOL


Here are the files for you to download. One file is a 7 inch version and the other a 6 inch version. Now there is one step you will need to break out the scissors for but just a little snip and it will take care of it. Below are the pictures showing what you will need to do once you fold your card. Some may not care but some may want to do this. 


As you can see when you do the fold there is a little over hang on the circle now. You can take your scissor and trim using the circle to guild you. 


See just a little snip


And this is what it will look like after you have snipped that piece off. 
If you are using the layering pieces for the steps, you will need to shorten the side a tad because you have removed this piece. 

I hope if you have a Silhouette you will give this a try. Much easier than measuring and cutting by hand. LOL
Thanks for stopping by today.

I am entering this into the following challenges. 

Country View Crafts (Die Cuts)

16 comments:

Stacey said...

wow jo this is gorgeous! will definately be trying this. its perfect for a dt card i need to do in the next week. thankyou for sharing :) xxx

Sandra said...

This is totally awesome Jo! I have this image too, and perhaps I will give this design a try! Gorgeous and so striking.
:)S

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

This looks so gorgeous Jo! Lovely image and the rounded card design with those lovely swirls is just so pretty :)

Unknown said...

A beautiful card, love the mono look. Well thought through and well designed. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this month at Country View Challenges. To remain in the challenge you do have to mention the topic this month which is Die cuts. Thanks. Chris xxx

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Jo! Thanks for sharing the files!

Penny said...

Really beautiful, Jo. Love the die cuts and design! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Deonna B said...

I love this Jo! I really love the shape and that awesome Mo image that you colored perfectly. Fantastic!!

Emily Thubbron said...

Jo, this is beautiful. I tried this technique and it didn't work out so well. I need a Cameo. Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Darla this week.

Emily T. DT for DD

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card and fabulous design. I love the fold of it and the pretty image! Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!

Linda Palmer said...

Jo, the card is gorgeous. I love all your beautiful creations. Thanks for sharing. Will you do a blog post on how to get these directions or files into the cameo? Thanks so much.

Jan said...

This looks Fabulous, thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

Denise Pustelniak said...

This so LOVELY!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Jo, this is wonderful. Wow, what a beautiful card you have made. Sorry I was so long in commenting, I thought I had computer problems but I really didn't but that's a long story...Thanks so much for doing this...You are just so talented...I am going to try this and now that I have my computer back going again I also need to look at the video you did with the Cameo Files..Thanks so much for all you do for us...Hugz, joann

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

ohh how beautiful and clever a real keepsake ..thanks for joining us at digigalore.

FroggieStamps said...

Very pretty, love the black and white color scheme.

Thanks so much for playing along with the MarkerPOP! Challenge! :)

-Kelli

Eemeli said...

Fabulous creation! Love the black and white color scheme and the fold is amazing. Simply stunning and perfect for wedding.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli